Trips and International Tours
The idea of international tours evolved as a natural phenomenon to complement the club system. It rewards the club's top teams after season's hard work, and provides the opportunity for international exposure and cultural exchange to the athletes in higher levels of competition.
Through European exchanges, we have created an awareness that this type of communication amongst top athletes is extremely desirable. We have shown that our athletes can and will travel the international route and hold their own against top athletes in Europe.
This type of touring, at the end of a playing season, attracts interests into the community, the Club and the Canadian club system. Beginners, supportive staff, and top athletes are revitalized with new vigor and are prepared for higher challenges in their sport and everyday life.
Some tours that M.A.R.C. has made.
- England, France, Saudi Arabia, Egypt (1977)
- Denmark, Sweden, Finland (1978)
- Holland, Belgium, France, West Germany (1981)
- Finland, U.S.S.R. (Russia, Estonia, Latvia) (1984)
- Finland, Estonia (1994)
- Finland, Estonia (1998)
- U.S.A., Dallas, Texas (2011) U.S.A. Men's Open Tournament
In addition, we have had the honor and pleasure to welcome the following teams of international caliber:
- Junior U.S.A. Team (1976)
- Chinese Club Team (1977)
- Club Teams from Sweden and Finland (1980)
- Club Team from Finland and University of Mexico Team (1982)
- Club Teams from Sweden (1984)
- Estonian National Team and Club Teams from Cuba and Czechoslovakia (1989)
- Two First Division Club Teams from Estonia (1996)